Tree pruning has a wide range of benefits. Some of the benefits of pruning a tree include:
- Improving the tree’s health – When you remove the infected and dying branches, you protect the rest of the tree.
- It makes the trees safer – Tree pruning can help you keep low-hanging branches from becoming hazardous. Pruning a tree can help you remove any foliage that is blocking the driveway or sidewalk.
- You can suppress or stimulate growth – You can prune a tree in a way that suppresses or stimulates growth. This will depend on your preference.
Our goal is to make sure that Tucson residents enjoy all the benefits offered by pruning a tree. Our tree pruning specialists have years of experience. The professionals have already worked on a wide variety of trees. We believe that tree branches shouldn’t be removed from a tree unless there is a good reason. Our team will examine your tree to determine which branches should be removed and which ones should be left on the tree. Our team will focus on making your trees both aesthetically appealing and safer. Check out our tree pruning costs.
Tree Trimming is a Job for Professionals
It is crucial that you let professionals handle the tree pruning. While turning the tree pruning into a DIY project could save you some cash, this is not recommended. Pruning a tree requires expertise and the right tools. If you lack either, the chances of injury or causing damage to your property will go up.
Professionals whose sole job is tree pruning will have the much-needed experience. Also, they have the right tools and personal protection equipment. This minimizes the chances of injury and property damage. As a homeowner, you wouldn’t want tree branches to break your windows and other important things in your home. The repair cost could be much more than the money you would save by making the tree pruning a DIY project.
If the trees are close to power lines, you should avoid pruning them yourself. When pruning trees close to the power lines, the branches cannot be allowed to fall freely. They have to be roped down. Professionals have all the equipment needed to make the roping down easier.
Before pruning a tree, identifying the right branches to prune is crucial. Professional tree pruners will know the branches that need removing and the ones that should be left on the tree. This minimizes the chances of causing unnecessary damage to the tree.
Tree Pruning Tips
Below, we have outlined some tree pruning tips to aid you with basic pruning needs. It is crucial to keep in mind that pruning a tree can be dangerous. To avoid injury, you should work with professionals. Tree pruning professionals also help you avoid damaging your property and trees.
- The ideal time for pruning a tree is during the dormant season.
- Before pruning prized trees such as oaks, it is crucial that you consult with tree pruning experts on the ideal time to prune the trees.
- If possible, avoid removing larger branches from a tree. Branches whose diameter does not exceed 5 cm are safe to remove. Before removing any branches whose diameter exceeds 5 cm, consult an arborist. Removing larger branches can affect the tree’s health negatively.
- Branches which have strong U-shaped angles should be allowed to stay on the tree. Focus on removing the branches that form weak, V-shaped angles with the trunk.
- Try pruning young branches. Younger branches have a much lower risk of leaving scars. They are also easier to manage.
- Avoid pruning branches either too long or too close. Avoid removing the collar or leaving a large stub.
- Since trees are living things, work with a professional.
Preventative Tree Pruning
Preventative tree pruning helps improve safety. It helps reduce or eliminate the danger and damage that often results from falling tree branches. Preventative tree pruning is crucial if the trees you intend to prune are currently encroaching surrounding buildings, pedestrian paths, and driveways. It is important to prune low-hanging branches in certain areas. This eliminates interference with both vehicular and pedestrian traffic.